Monday, February 7, 2011

Book Review: Grandma Lilly by Laura R. Sanchez


I can remember when I was a little girl I enjoyed watching my grandmother cook. I can still smell those aromas of her kitchen and it has been 25+ years. Grandma Lilly is written by Laura R. Sanchez and published by Dorrance Publishing Co., Inc. Grandma Lilly is about a grandmother who teaches her granddaughter Little Gina how to bake cookies. Little Gina loves spending time with her grandmother and learning things from her. Grandma Lilly also teaches her how to use her five senses. Grandma Lilly gets really sick and Little Gina makes her some cookies and takes them to her. When Gina grows up and becomes a mother she teaches her daughter how to make Grandma Lilly's cookies. The book includes a copy of the recipe. The book is only 25 pages and is a quick read. I think it is a little wordy for children. Some of the words they would not understand. All in all I think it is a great book that teaches Godly values.


Disclosure:  I received a complimentary copy of Grandma Lilly as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. No other compensation was received.  Views and opinions are strickly mine.  Visit http://www.dorrancebookstore.com  to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

Buy Grandma Lilly here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...