Monday, February 21, 2011

Natural Skin Shop Glycolic Peel Review


I recently had the opportunity to try and review the Natural Skin Shop's Glycolic Peel kit.  I had never heard of Glycolic peels and I have never had any type chemical peel done on my face.  I was excited and scared at the same time.  One thing that made me feel more comfortable was that Natural Skin Shop has a personal Esthetician on staff that will help you with any questions or problems you have.

Glycolic Acid is a natural product derived from sugar cane and is fantastic for exfoliation and moisturizing of the skin. It is the smallest alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) and is both colorless and odorless. Probably due to the fact that all skin types benefit from Glycolic Acid - it is the most commonly recognized chemical peel solution.

Dermatologists and estheticians have been utilizing glycolic acid as an effective and proven tool in the fight against the aging process for decades. Alpha hydroxy acid peels, such as Glycolic help to reveal a younger, healthier looking skin by stimulating collagen and elastin growth, and accelerating the skin renewal process. Additionally, Glycolic Acid can be combined with other peeling agents, such as Salicylic Acid (this process is referred to as an Alpha-Beta Peel) for enhanced results.




I chose to review the Glycolic 30% Light Strength kit.  The kit came with a bottle of Glycolic 10% Daily Exfoliator, a bottle of Glycolic 30% Skin Peel, a bottle of 100% Pure Hyaluronic Moisturizer, and a box of Gauze Pads. 


I followed the instructions and used the Daily Exfoliator every day for 1 week. Just using the Daily Exfoliator made my face feel better. I applied the Glycolic Peel and felt a little tingling, but it was not uncomfortable. Once I washed the peel off my skin felt so much softer. I would highly recommend trying this at home peel. It is really easy and a lot cheaper than it would be do have it done professionally.

Natural Skin Shop is giving my readers 25% off their purchase if you use code SheBlogs at the checkout.

DISCLOSURE:  I was provided this product to review and no other compensation was received.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...