Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why Do Stores Hide the Clearance Merchandise

Have you ever noticed that when you go in a store you have to hunt the clearance sale items??  I have never understood why stores hide the clearance merchandise!  They put it on clearance to get rid of it fast, but then they go and hide it.  If you want to get rid of it, put it by the front door with a clearance sign on it!!  I guess they stick it at the back of the store so you will have to pass all the regular price items first.  Well with me that doesn't work!  When I go into a store I hunt for the clearance shelves before I look at anything else.  Anyone have a theory on why they try to hid it??

 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

To make you go past the full-priced items, which they are making more money on. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...